The following RSS feeds may be of interest to chaplain readers. Note that (aside from the chaplaincy feed) these are external links not directly related to the chaplaincy and do not constitute DoD endorsement.
Feeds currently include the Army Chaplaincy, Religion News Service, Washington Post On Faith, Beliefnet Top Features, and Pew Forum Religion Research.
- Deputy Chief of Chaplains - ARNG, Chaplain (Brigadier General) Kenneth Brandt May 19, 2017Chaplain (Brigadier General) Kenneth "Ed" Brandt became the Senior Army National Guard Chaplain & Deputy Chief of Chaplains, Army National Guard on 01 FEB 2017. Ordained as a Presbyterian Minister on 26 JUN 1985 in Philadelphia PA, he received a Direct Co
- The Northeast Chaplain Recruiting Team Hosted First Recruiting Luncheon May 19, 2017Engaging our communities is an important part of the Army's mission, and that's exactly what took place on April 20, 2017, when the Northeast Chaplain Recruiting Team hosted a community luncheon at the American Bible Society (ABS) in Philadelphia, Pennsyl
- For God and country: Soldier dedicates life and career in Jordan May 13, 2017May 5 will always be a special day for one U.S. Army Central Soldier. While participating in exercise Eager Lion, she dedicated her life to God and country. With tears in her eyes, Staff Sgt. Christal Crawford, a USARCENT broadcast special-ist, walked d
- Keeping the faith -- Army of volunteers supports OMC Chapel May 10, 2017Volunteers, many with no Army connection, keep chapel at the former Fort Ord vibrant
- Fort Riley chaplains delve into life of Chap. Emil Kapaun May 10, 2017For one day, Chap. (Capt.) Emil Kapaun came alive.
Religion News Service
- Mourning in Manchester, religious and secular traditions meet and meld May 27, 2017(RNS) This is a moment where Christian tradition meets secular rituals that have come to define public mourning since this increasingly irreligious nation said goodbye to Princess Diana exactly 20 years ago.Catherine Pepinster
- Tillerson declines to host Ramadan event at State Department, sources say May 27, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) The Secretary of State is apparently breaking with a bipartisan tradition in place with few exceptions for nearly 20 years.Yeganeh Torbati
- Dear Pope Francis declared 2017 Book of the Year by Association of Catholic Publishers May 26, 2017Every spring the best books in Catholic publishing are celebrated in the Excellence in Publishing awards from the Association of Catholic Publishers. This year, the New York Times best-selling book Dear Pope Francis: The Pope Answers Letters from Children Around the World was awarded first place in the Children’s category and the Spanish edition, Querido Pap […]Religion News LLC
- The travel ban has been particularly harsh on Shiite Muslims May 26, 2017NEW YORK (RNS) The Trump administration's attempts to ban travel to the U.S. by Muslims has had a severe and repugnant impact on Shiite Muslims in particular.Faiyaz Jaffer
- What makes killing Christians appealing? May 26, 2017(RNS) While today’s world calls for tolerance and coexistence between faiths, militants rely on verses that offer a direct command to attack Christians and Jews.Ayman S. Ibrahim
Washington Post On Faith
- Want to write for Acts of Faith? Here are some guidelines.The Washington Post's Acts of Faith offers breaking and ongoing news, analysis and opinion about major religion stories.Sarah Pulliam Bailey
- Trump's statement on Ramadan is almost entirely about terrorismTrump's statement is quite different from Bush's was after Sept. 11, 2001.Sarah Pulliam Bailey
- Imams in U.S. take on the anti-vaccine movement during Ramadan Lena H. Sun
- Why the iconic Virgin of Charity means so much to Cubans and Pope FrancisPope Francis will celebrate the first papal Mass in her shrine outside Santiago on Tuesday.David Montgomery
- Mark Zuckerberg shares the prayer he says to his daughter every nightHe says he recites the prayer when he faces a big challenge.Sarah Pulliam Bailey
Beliefnet Top FeaturesUnable to display feed at this time.
Pew Forum Religion Research
- AP: San Diego schools sued over anti-Islamophobia campaign May 26, 2017 Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project
- Reuters: Thousands flee Philippine city after rebel rampage claimed by Islamic State May 25, 2017 Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project
- Buzzfeed: Same-Sex Marriage Is Not A Western Idea, Says Lead Lawyer In Historic Taiwan Ruling May 25, 2017 Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project
- AP: Young Nebraska priests’ chants become best-selling album May 25, 2017 Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project
- Reuters: Indonesian president threatens to ‘clobber’ those who threaten pluralism May 25, 2017 Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project