The following RSS feeds may be of interest to chaplain readers. Note that (aside from the chaplaincy feed) these are external links not directly related to the chaplaincy and do not constitute DoD endorsement.
Feeds currently include the Army Chaplaincy, Religion News Service, Washington Post On Faith, Beliefnet Top Features, and Pew Forum Religion Research.
Army ChaplaincyUnable to display feed at this time.
Religion News Service
- I have no doubt what Billy Graham would have told the high school kids from Parkland, Fla. February 22, 2018(RNS) — The teens speaking out about gun control these days are amazingly articulate about being young in an America where violence is all too present as a fact of life. What would Graham have said to them? Keep at it! The post I have no doubt what Billy Graham would have told the high school kids from Parkland, Fla. appeared first on Religion News Service. […]Richard Mouw
- International religious freedom issues can transcend partisan divide in Congress February 22, 2018International religious freedom issues are growing in urgency and importance worldwide. It is against this backdrop that today 21Wilberforce released the 115th Congress Interim International Religious Freedom Congressional Scorecard. The intent of the Scorecard is to increase congressional awareness of international religious freedom issues, to encourage leg […]Religion News LLC
- Ruth Graham: The silent rock behind a famous evangelist February 22, 2018(RNS) — 'Your counsel, advice, encouragement and prayer have been my mainstay and at times I have almost clung to you in my weakness, in hours of obsession, problems and difficulties,' Billy Graham wrote in a 1963 letter to his wife, Ruth. The post Ruth Graham: The silent rock behind a famous evangelist appeared first on Religion News Service.Benedicta Cipolla
- Billy Graham, reaching the last person in the last row February 22, 2018(RNS) — His fragile humanity came through, even in his younger, more electrifying days, deepening his connection with the masses, helping people see that he was one of them, on the same journey, facing the same struggles. The post Billy Graham, reaching the last person in the last row appeared first on Religion News Service.Ken Garfield
- Unification Church does not encourage firearm use February 22, 2018After the tragic recent events last week in Parkland, Florida, Family Federation (FFWPU) wishes to express our condolences to the families of the victims of such a horrendous incident. We would also like to take this opportunity to stress that our events, religious ceremonies and theology do not involve the use of firearms or weapons whatsoever. The post Uni […]Religion News LLC
Washington Post On Faith
- Want to write for Acts of Faith? Here are some guidelines.The Washington Post's Acts of Faith offers breaking and ongoing news, analysis and opinion about major religion stories.Sarah Pulliam Bailey
- Here are details for Billy Graham's funeral: A viewing at the U.S. Capitol and a private service in N.C.President Trump and former presidents are invited to attend.Sarah Pulliam Bailey
- Would Billy Graham be disgusted by evangelicals today?Graham might be disturbed by evangelicals' affiliation with Trump — or maybe he led them there.Michelle Boorstein
- Why the iconic Virgin of Charity means so much to Cubans and Pope FrancisPope Francis will celebrate the first papal Mass in her shrine outside Santiago on Tuesday.David Montgomery
- Divorce, drugs, drinking: Billy Graham’s children and their absent fatherMany Christian families have been torn apart or severely injured by similar stresses as the Grahams.William Martin
Beliefnet Top FeaturesUnable to display feed at this time.
Pew Forum Religion Research
- Methodology December 12, 2017The analysis in this report is based on telephone interviews conducted Nov. 29 to Dec. 4, 2017, among a national sample of 1,503 adults, 18 years of age or older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia (377 respondents were interviewed on a landline telephone, and 1,126 were interviewed on a […]Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project
- Acknowledgments December 12, 2017Primary Researchers Elizabeth Podrebarac Sciupac, Research Associate Gregory A. Smith, Associate Director of Research Research Team Alan Cooperman, Director of Religion Research Besheer Mohamed, Senior Researcher Becka A. Alper, Research Associate Claire Gecewicz, Research Analyst Editorial and Graphic Design Michael Lipka, Senior Editor Aleksandra Sandstrom […]Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project
- Americans Say Religious Aspects of Christmas Are Declining in Public Life December 12, 2017Most U.S. adults believe the religious aspects of Christmas are emphasized less now than in the past – even as relatively few are bothered by this trend.Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project
- Acknowledgments November 30, 2017This report was produced by Pew Research Center as part of the Pew-Templeton Global Religious Futures project, which analyzes religious change and its impact on societies around the world. Funding for the Global Religious Futures project comes from The Pew Charitable Trusts and the John Templeton Foundation. This report is a collaborative effort based on […] […]Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project
- The Growth of Germany’s Muslim Population November 29, 2017Immigration has been a major factor in the growth of Germany’s Muslim population. But, even if there is no more immigration, Muslims will continue to increase as a share of Germany’s population in future decades.Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project